Sunday, June 10, 2012

Going Away...."Party"

This past weekend we had a going away party.  It doesn't really feel like "going away" and "party" should be in the same sentence.  What a bittersweet feeling it was...to have over 45 people show up to tell us good-bye and good luck in Colorado.  We felt  completely blessed that so many people took the time to see us off.  Each and every person that came has a special place in our hearts.  SO many memories with each and every one....too many memories to even try to write about.  But please know that it meant the world to us....and we love you all.

I meant to take my camera...and kicked myself when I realized I didn't bring it.  I mean...I could have even taken some pics with my iPhone...but that didn't even occur to me until after everyone left.  I was so busy soaking in what little time I had left to talk to everyone.  But fortunately one friend DID bring her camera and we were able to at least get a few pics at the end.  Here's one:


Boy....we're sure gonna miss these two.  What special friends they have been to us...and such a blessing they are to our lives.  Again...lot's of great memories we share with them...and everyone else.

Our time in Norman is almost up.  We load up our moving truck this Wednesday and head out early Thursday morning.  The house is almost completely packed and looks....well....empty.  We leave SO many great friends, neighbors and co-workers here...and it truly breaks our hearts to leave.  But rest assured we don't leave here "empty".  We leave here filled with MANY wonderful memories...and we leave here with true friendships that we KNOW will last a lifetime.  And that my dear friends....completely fills our hearts with joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment