Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Breakfast


Good morning! As some of you know....I love to cook.  And occasionally I make up a recipe.  Here's one I thought you might enjoy on this cloudy Sunday morning.  It's actually published on Pioneer Woman's Blog "Tasty Kitchen."  I giggle when I see reviews on these muffins. It's received a "5 mitten" rating.  Who knew?  Hope you enjoy. 



MARSHA’S BANANA-CINNAMON MUFFINS

1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream (low fat)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 very ripe)
1 1/2 cup flour (sifted)
Dash of salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
Brown sugar (topping)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs.  Beat until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and baking soda.  Stir in bananas.  Add flour and a dash of salt.  Beat until smooth.  Add vanilla and cinnamon.  Fill muffin cups then sprinkle with brown sugar.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment