Saturday, August 20, 2011

Relationships 101

For some reason, I'm most reflective when I'm cleaning my house. Weird...I know. There's just something about that time on a Saturday morning. Sometimes I plug my ears up with my iPod and listen to David Crowder. (He really seems to motivate me for some reason). Other times, I just like the quiet of it all. And that's when it happens...the thoughts come rushing to my head. I seem to have SO much to ponder at times, and this morning was no exception. My thoughts were consumed with....relationships. Some lost ones....some current ones. And then...I just can't help but wonder about the lost ones. Why is it that some of your best relationships seem to end? Especially the ones that you never thought in a million years would EVER end? Is it that your lives have taken such a turn with changes and such, you just drift apart? Have I changed? Have they changed? Who out there knows the answer to my questions?? :-)  I realize life is ever revolving and people come and people go. And I know God has a reason for this. And trust me...I am thankful for ALL of the people He has put in my life. I am especially thankful for the people who have made a positive impact...the kind of impact that my life has been changed forever...and for the better. But I am most thankful for my family. They are my MOST important relationship. My high school sweetheart Bob, to whom I am still married and hopelessly in love with...and my three boys, that have grown up to be kind, loving, honest and upstanding men. I mean...how can you not love that? I love them all so much and I know I am blessed beyond measure. So as I reflect on the past relationships...I know these things are for certain: they were all placed there for a reason, even if only for a while...and I will be forever grateful for the time we spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment